You can earn up to $7000.00 in wage subsidy per student!
Summer 2023 Update:
Unfortunately, we have begun to reach some of our regional funding limits for the Summer 2023 Program. We are no longer accepting applications for student placements taking place in the following provinces and territories:
- British Columbia
Any newly submitted applications from these regions will not be approved.
Students are an ideal source of people-power for short-term projects. Employing work term students is an effective recruiting tool, and supports the development of skills in the next generation of Canada’s workforce.
An eligible employer must be willing to employ a student in a tech-immersive role. Tech and non-tech focused organizations are encouraged to apply.
Employer Eligibility Assessment
- You are a registered Canadian business or organization
- You are not a post secondary institution, large financial sector employer, or any federal, provincial, or municipal group
- You have the financial capacity to hire a student for a part or full time work term, pay them consistently and provide a meaningful work experience
- You follow the Net New rule (for more info start your application)
Student Eligibility Assessment
- Either a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or a protected person defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Must be a currently enrolled student in a Canadian post-secondary institution program
- The student must not be an international student with a work permit
- The student must not be an immediate family member of the employer
Ready to Apply?
Before you start your online application, you will need the following:
- A student to apply with
- A job description
- Salary information
- Historical information on the amount of students that have been employed by your company or department in recent years
- An approximate number of students your company might or intend to hire over the next fiscal year
Students will need the following information before starting their application:
- Proof of enrollment in a Canadian post-secondary institution (unofficial transcript is sufficient)
- An updated resume
Visit our website resources for our FAQ, toolkits and program guides.
For more information contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program