Welcome to ITAC's Career Ready Program Application Portal
You can earn up to $7000.00 in wage subsidy per student!
Students are an ideal source of people-power for short-term projects. Employing work term students is an effective recruiting tool, and supports the development of skills in the next generation of Canada’s workforce.
An eligible employer must be willing to provide full-time work for a 12+ week duration in role which immerses a student in the use of technology. Tech and non-tech focused organizations are encouraged to apply.
Employer Eligibility Assessment
- You are a registered Canadian business or organization
- You are not a post-secondary institution, federal or provincial government group
- You have the financial capacity to hire a student for a work term, pay them consistently and provide a meaningful work experience
Student Eligibility Assessment
- Either a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or a protected person defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Must be registered as a full time student in a post secondary institution in a program
- The student must not be an international student with a work permit
- The student must not be an immediate family member of the employer
- The student must not have already earned the subsidy in a previous work placement with the same employer
Ready to Apply?
Before you start your online application, you will need the following:
- A student to apply with
- A job description
- Salary information
- Historical information on the amount of students that have been employed by your company or department in recent years
- An approximate number of students your company might or intend to hire over the next year
- Comprehensive liability insurance
Students will need the following information before starting their application:
- Proof of full-time registration in a Canadian publicly funded post-secondary educational institution (unofficial transcript is suffice)
- Proof of citizenship or residency (birth certificate, passport, permanent residency card, etc.)
- An updated resume
For more information contact us: email@example.com
This project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program